Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back at cha!

Hey folks! Sorry it has been a while since my last post. Not much is new in my world, but I have signed up for some pretty big challenges in the coming months. I am running the Salt Lake City Half Marathion on April 17th, it will be my second time running the event and my 4th Half Marathon. For those who are wondering, a half marathon is 13.1 miles. My PR (personal record) is 1 hour 44 minutes, but this time around I am not going for time, although it would be nice, I just want to make sure I can handle the endurance, because in July (...drum roll please...) I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE SPUDMAN TRIATHLON! I have only done 1 mini tri last year in September (400 meter swim, 10 mile bike, 5k run) but this is a 1 mile swim, 26 mile bike, and 10K (6.4 miles) run. Oh what in the hell have I gotten myself into?!?! Just kidding, I am very excited. There are so many things I need to do: get a wet suit, find a bike to buy or rent, set up accomidations, learn how to change a flat bike tire, oh and of course...train like a mad woman!!! I love it!

Hopefully I have inspired you to attend a race or two. Just google "running events in (enter your city)" and a whole slew of links will come up. Don't get discouraged that you find that there aren't many coming up soon. Typically, race season doesn't start until late March, early April.

Cheers,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment